High school model pepar 2022, English model pepar ka half model pepar hmne is article me diya h. Is pepar ko solve kre iska second part hm jaldi hi post krne wale h
Time: 3 Hours 15 Min
First 15 minutes are allotted for the candidates to read the question paper.
Note (1) This question paper is divided into four sections A, B, C and D.
(2) All questions from all the sections are compulsory.
(3) Marks are indicated against each question.
(4) Read the questions very carefully before you start answering them.
high school model pepar 2022 Section A (Reading)
Read the following passage and answer the questions that follow.
1. Floods are not new to India and this sub-continent, but in recent years the problem has received much greater attention perhaps largely because it has led to much greater damage than in the past. Even though information on the impending occurrence of floods is now more accurate and certainly more timely, often there is very little time or support infrastructure in place by which damage can be minimized. This is particularly true in the case of flash floods resulting from sudden and excessively heavy rain.
2. In the case of India flooding is very much a function of the seasonal nature of our rainfall. The monsoons are spread over a short period during the year and often bring a concentrated volume of rain, which cannot be absorbed by the earth and finds outlet only in the form of streams that join up with our major river systems.
But, flooding is not confined only to the main rivers of the country, often smaller tributaries and streams can cause heavy damage as well. Once these streams spill over their banks they could cause excessive harm, mainly because those living near the banks of these streams particularly in mountain areas do not have easy recourse to moving away quickly.
3.At the local level also human actions have heightened the danger of flood through the cutting of trees in the mountains as well as in the plains.
In the case of India, the ecological damage through deforestation of the Himalayas has led to large-scale erosion of the mountain slopes and high levels of siltation. This leads to deposition of silt on the river beds in the plains and hence spill over of water whenever the volume in the river reaches a certain level.
With siltation on the river beds, flooding occurs even at very shallow water levels. The vulnerability of the population has increased substantially because of population pressures, symbolized , for instance, by the stubborn and perhaps helpless settling of slum dwellers on the banks of the river Yamuna in Delhi, which is merely a trickle most of the year, but bursting its banks during the monsoons as has been the case this year.
4. On major factor that could lead to a higher severity of flooding in the future is the danger of climate change. While the evidence of the nature of impacts resulting from climate change on precipitation and flooding at the regional level is not entirely clear, it could happen that the Indian subcontinent witnesses and suffers the effects of a significantly changed pattern of monsoons.One set of scientists has estimated that the monsoons could be shooter in duration, but far more intensive.In other words, much greater precipitation would take place in a much shorter period of time, thereby increasing the danger of floods. Climate change is the result of human actions through the increased concentration of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, of which carbon dioxide is the most prominent.
(i) Why problem of floods has received greater attention recently?
(ii) Why does India suffer from floods during monsoons?
(iii) The word……….. to ‘harshness’. in para 3 is similar in meaning
(iv) The word ………… in para 1 is antonym of benefit or improvement”.
Section B (Writing)
2. Traffic jams in your city/town are getting worse day after day. Write a letter to the Deputy Commissioner of Police (Traffic) complaining about the problem and offering suggestions for improvement.
Write an application to the Principal of your college requesting him to make better arrangements for games and sports in the college. (Do not write your Name and Place)
3. Write a descriptive paragraph on Stephen Hawking using the clues given below. 
. Early life and education
. His achievements
Professional career and works
A case of racism in Delhi resulted in the death of a 18 year old, portraying Delhiites as uncivilised, racist, hypocrites and psychopaths. Write a report covering the protest against the death of the 18 year old with the help of clues given. You are working as a reporter for The Times of India’.
. What happened
Police action/enquiry ordered
Section C (Grammar)
Read the following sentences carefully and write their subject and predicate.
(i) Her father has gone to Mumbai.
(ii) The principal has addressed the students.
Fill in the blanks with suitable articles.
(i) Switch on……….. light.
(ii) He is. unlucky man.
Change the following sentences into passive
voice. (i) The people crowned him the king.
(ii) Suman is reading a book.
(d) Frame correct sentences by reordering the words.
(i) way good eating cream ice to off is a cool.
(ii) spoil broth the too many cooks.
(e) Punctuate the following using capital letters wherever necessary.
(i) looking straight at her he said i cant help you
(ii) a grandparents job is easier than a parents
5. Translate the following into English:
नई _दिल्ली भारत की राजधानी है। भारत के राष्ट्रपति और प्रधानमन्त्री दिल्ली में रहते हैं। नई दिल्ली में लाल किला और कुतुब मीनार प्रद ऐतिहासिक इमारते हैं। प्रगति मैदान और अप्पू घर यहाँ के आकर्षण है।