Old Age Homes in Kolkata

Dist: 24pgs(N), Pin: 743248,
West Bengal, India
Phone : +91-33-25361840
Mobile : 09830469020
Contact Person : Mr. P. K. Ganguly [Chairman]
Email: pulin.ganguly@gmail.com

Godhuli Senior Citizens’ Home Pvt. Ltd.
74B, A J C Bose Road

26, S.R. Das Road, Kalighat
Kolkata – 700026
Phone: +91-33-24660318
Mobile: +91-9830284526
Email:  navoday_anandaashram@yahoo.co.in

Adorations Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary
Bridha Ashram (Home for The Aged)
Krishnagar, Nadia

Sukantanagar, Sector IV
Salt Lake City, Block N
Kolkata, West Bengal 700098
Phone:  +91-33-28124624, 24711599
Email:  ashiwb66@yahoo.com

Old Age Homes in Kolkata

Association for Social Health in India (ASHI)
Salt Lake City

Phone: +91-33-24723616, 24739647

Cheshar Homes India
CF-149, Salt Lake
Kolkata – 700064
Phone: +91-33-23215038

Dinantey I
Madhyamgram, Bidhan Pally (Near Murgir Poultry)
North 24 Parganas

30, Ashoke Avenue, Naktala
Kolkata – 700047
Phone: +91-33-24712653

1/2, Shyam Basu Road , Chetla
Kolkata – 700001
Phone: +91-33-24796078

Nirmal Hriday (Missionaries of Charity)
251, Kalighat Road
Kolkata – 700026
Phone: +91-33-24644223

Ramakrishna Math (Old Age Home for Men)
59, Motilal Gupta Road

46/2, Deshbandhu Road (W), Alambazar
Kolkata – 700035
Phone: +91-33-25777600

St. Joseph’s Home
2, A.J.C. Bose Road
Kolkata – 700020

St. Vincent’s Home  (only for women)
68, Diamond Harbour Road, Khidderpore
Kolkata – 700023
Phone: +91-33-24497568

Tollygunge Home
186-E, Netaji Subhas Bose Road
Kolkata – 700040
Phone: +91-33-24710707

Women’s Co-ordinating Council (WCC)
1/2, Shyam Bose Road, Alipore H.O.
Kolkata – 700027
Phone: +91-33-24797329

Find More:

Benefits, Concessions and Schemes for Senior Citizens in India
The Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Act, 2007
Old Age Homes in Delhi NCR

3. mirra aggarwal says:

my mother needs to stay in old home in kolkata. can you guide me

4. Jayasri Hart says:

We don’t need “homes” but “communities,” where senior residents make their own decisions about how to run it. Adult children and grandchildren can and will happily get involved if the parents want it, but ultimately it is the seniors who own the home. If any of the above institutions fits this description, I would like to support it in any way I can.

5. Dear Mira ,
    There is a newly comissioned old home by Helpage India at Chetla , Kolkata . When I visited it during Puja, it had 5 members only . Women of the age group 60-70 can apply. They have to be literate .
    It was nice cosy place

6. Ruprekha Chowdhury says:

Dear Janice,

Your account of your relative being sheltered at St. Joseph’s Home is very moving. I am a grad student currently writing my doctoral disseratation on elderly women living in old age homes in Kolkata. Would you be able to provide a basic history on the first old age home considered to be established in Kolkata? Also, would you be able to narrate your story about your relative, particularly your first hand experience with St. Joseph’s Home, via email? That would be truly helpful indeed.

My hunch matches yours–it could be no other institution other than Little Sisters of the Poor. But i just wanted to be doubly sure, since i put these as ethnographic accounts in my dissertation chapter.
    I look forward to hearing from you.

7. janette mccarthy says:

In researching my ancestry i found a gt,gt, great grandfather Washington McCarthy married a Clemantina Fox in Meerut. in 1862, in my searches i find him dying apart in 1881, and Clemantina dying in The Little Sisters Of The Poor., Also not sure as her name has been recorded as Fox And Jose. Sounds portugese to me. Washington was born in Constantinople of Irish parents, was in the 2nd Dragoons stationed at meerut, took part of the seige of Lucknow, I believe there would be Mccarthys in India today as decendants although most of them returned to the U.K. It is in the indian records i found this information. i.e. marriage certificates, and chilren born in India. . Is this what you wanted. No replys from St Josephs have been received.

Janice McCarthy

8. Udatto Chakravarty says:

Im a man of 38 doing business in Kolkata and Ive got my parents and wife and a daughter. Suddenly I feel to do something for the aged angels of old age homes with my limited means. Plz help.

9. Ruprekha Chowdhury says:

Dear Janice,

Thank you so much for your informative post. Unfortunately, I do not check this website that frequently, hence, my tardy response. My apologies. Would you have an email address where I can write in details about my work and what I am looking for?
    My work took me to various old age homes both public and private, in and around Kolkata. I am trying to locate the first old age home established in Kolkata. Your post about your distant relative attracted my attention and that was when I thought of writing to you. I would really appreciate if we can further our conversation over emails. My dissertation would immensely benefit from your first hand account!

I am a casual resident of Ramkrishna Oldage Home in Hooghly district for the last ten years. . I have found that infirm old people who could not disbelief their children/relatives and handed over their life-time savings and property to them (children or relatives) in no time those simple hearted people are thrown to oldage homes. So, my humble advice to the old people who are about to leave their homes to take shelter in oldage home that keep your assets under your control. The assets mainly cash will lookafter you better than your past residence. With regards.

11. ramadevi poddar says:

i have three brother and i m small what heppen ourat ourat ka dushman hota hai koi bhi ma ko rakhna nahi chata please help me kya karu. koi sasta sunder old age ka naumber ya giud kare

Dear Ramadeviji,

You may contact phone no:(033) 26860546 of an moderate oldage home just 3km on the western side of Chinsurah station (towards Delhi Road). It will be better to live there away from Gharki ki Dushman. With best wishes.

13. Ishita Mukherjee says:

I plan to take early retirement and would like to give company to the elderly in the old age home. Do one need some basic course to be initiated?
    Though currently I live in Pune, would like to be associated in Kolkata, my home town.

Can anybody please guide me?

Regards, and wish every one, a very happy new year.

14. Barrackpore Avenue womens cultural n social welfare society says:

we run 2 homes 1 for d destitute elderly n d other a paid home for those who can afford in Barrackpore west bengal.There r another 38 elderlys on d streets we support,we need d support of like minded people to help our homeless grandmas n grandpas

15. My mother is a desciple of Ramakrishna Math & Mission. Now I want to send her in an old age home under the guidance of Ramakrishna mission. Can you give some idea and help me in this regard.

Please send me prospectus of an old age home near to belur Math.

16. I. R. Chari says:

I am trying to find a comfortable, clean and safe senior citizens’ home (on payment) run preferably by the Ramakrishna Mission or any other known charitable group in and around Kolkata and its suburbs including Belur and Dakshineshwar for my mama (late 70s) and mashi (early 80s) – descendants from a former old Zamindar family – both unmarried and without any dependents.

At present they run their small house and conduct their domestic responsibilities with considerable difficulty. As they have less and less domestic support and as they require periodic medical attention, they need to be in a kindly, caring home where they will be free from their daily domestic chores. Both of them are mobile and can really take care of themselves if only they had someone to look after their everyday needs, like cooking, washing, cleaning, etc. They have both received diksha from the R.K. Mission and therefore would be the most comfortable in an institute run by the Mission.

I and the rest of my mamu and mashi’s family would be most grateful for any information regarding an appropriate place where they can settle peacefully for the rest of their lives. I would like to mention that most members of the family are also aging and located far from them and thus unable to give them the support that they need. It goes without saying that they are well loved and respected and would be frequently visited by all of us.

We have an Old Age Home near Shyamchak, Kharagpur, Midnapur (W) (SABITA OLD AGE HOME).
    We are looking forward in taking care of the poor, downtroden and the older people (both male and female)
    We wish to provide them with regular medical check-ups, personal grooming, educational guidance for the young but poor.
    As it is obvious that in acheiving the said goal, we require a huge amount of funding. We have been trying our level best to cope up with our limited resorces. In acheiving the afforsaid goal, we require more funding from some kind hearted people.
    We would request to all those who feel that they would also like to be a part of our mission, they can mail us OR can call us at:
    ANINDITA BANERJEE (Secretary),

18. its a wonderful website in terms of providing a platform to many like me who want to be associated with the enriching experience of sharing some unforgettable moments with our elderly. really appreciate the attempt…keep it up!

19. Warren Bertram says:

I am looking for an email address for St Joseph’s Home, Kolkata. I should like to talk to them about admission for my elderly aunt, living at the moment in Elliott Road, Kolkata. It is a matter of some urgency.
    Warren Bertram

20. Gita Chatterjee says:

I Gita Chatterjee (Age-72 years), widow pensioners, want to stay in a Old Home near 24 Parganas (north). Please help me.

21. Gautam Chowdhury says:

Plz. Request to government on implementation for National policy for senior citizens,1999 read as 2011

22. Old age home in kolkata, south bengal, bolpur, santiniketan

23. Asok Biswas says:

I am a retired Bank employee.I am in search of a good quality Old Age Home/Retirement community Home near south Kolkta.I regularly visit National Library/Ramakrishna Mission Institute of Culture/Aurobinda Bhawan,so I prefer southern part of Kolkata.Kindly help me.

24. Paulami RoySarker says:

I am eagerly looking for a home(on monthly payment basis) for my grandfather,who is sick,suffering from neurological disease,had an cerebral attack one year back,is recovered some extent,is a bachelor as well,if anybody having any search please contact us in the aforestated email id kindly.

Thanks & regards

25. Krishnendu DCosta says:

My name is Krishnendu DCosta. My aunt Ritina DCosta 60+ was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. I stay and work in the republic of Suriname in a small media firm since my wife is from that country. I came to visit her and broke down seeing her plight. Her family had moved her to a bad and shabby home somewhere in Behala in the middle of nowhere, since they do not have any place to house her and maintain and are not financially sound to provide better means. Her breast has been amputated and she looks very weak. I want to help her find a better place to stay as long as she needs to. She is not able to sit or walk but can turn left or right. She has undergone 2 rounds of chemo and will undergo a third round soon. She is out of danger but she needs help. Please someone help me find a place within Calcutta, where there are decent caregivers and healthy and good infrastructure. Please call me on 8420273260 asap

Kris DCosta

26. k.bhattacherjee says:

I looking for a good old age home for me & wife staying together and post death of one till another death on payment basis in good atmosphere in West Bengal. Please enlighten me the good old age home.

27. Anuradha Lahiry says:

I am looking for an old age home for an elderly woman who is almost bed ridden.she was a primary school teacher and has some savings.she has a prodigal son who does not at all look after her or in the contrary wants her to die immediately.we, some of her relatives are looking for a place her she can leave her remaining life in peace.

28. Jagriti Dham’s vision is to create an age integrated society and promote the concept of active ageing in India. With the economy booming and children moving abroad, elderly people are left behind to face the crisis of living alone everyday. Active wellness resorts like Jagriti Dham are the need of the hour and both aged parents

I found a person near to our residence who does nt wear any cloth only a lungi with a stick 9on theday of 27th night.when i want to get any information regarding him i saw he was unable to speak even he does nt stand on his legs every one when see him they r really filled with emotional most of them but he does not stay in single place he moved here and there .i heard from some one regarding him their sons were leave him coming from auto there.no one wants to help him plz help him its our huminity to help him as per our kind heart .plz cl me if u able to admit him in your ashram free of cost plz pplz.my mob no9804935216.add ss jute mill line ,near manik peer mazar post garulia wb 743133.

30. Dr.Rita Roy Chowdhury says:

Dear Madam,
    I need both your advice and your help. My sister aged 52+ was diagnosed with epilepsy when she was 10 years of age. Our parents were both doctors and she was kept under medical care . We had taken her to Vellore also for treatment. She completed her Masters from Rabindra Bharati University and was quite normal up till 2009 when she started showing signs of mental sickness. My mother and I did our utmost to help her but she refused any counselling. With my mother’s death things changed . She did not have any activity or career and severed all communication with me. She is almost 11 years younger to me and I had brought her up as my own child. . Today she needs a home to stay because the apartment she owns is no longer safe for her. I had appointed a lady to take care of her and provide her with food and medicine and pay her on a monthly basis. But I suspect some mischief . It is not possible for me to keep her with me as I am a member of a joint family and there is space problem. Besides I think she should be kept under psycho/medical supervision. Please help me in this respect.

31. I (61 y) am a retired central Gov employee. Me and my wife would like to stay in a old home near Salt lake, new town and other area in Kolkata. I would appreciate to get the information of a suitable old home. Both of us are physically fit and would be happy to provide any welfare work for the society.

32. I am looking for a decent and good quality old age home(paid) for my mother(age:63) in and around howrah and kolkata. Can someone please guide me?

33. subroto sen says:

Subroto Sen

I am aged about 48 years I am not a business man or earning not more then 5000 per month , I dont have my family and no my preants I am looking a bridha ashram in my older age have there any home ? or how much amount to be payable

34. My younger sister, aged about 40, needs to stay at a place, not very costly, (free is preferred, as she can do some office type work), exclusively for women (for life), which is caring for women, as she has nobody to look after her. She also wants this as she realises that there won’t be anybody to look after her in future. Both parents are died, She is lonely. She is slightly mentally retarded, but can do simple tasks and can talk well in Bengali, English and a little bit of Hindi. She has done courses in Music, and spoken English. The place should preferably be in or very near Kolkata, as we don’t have the strength to visit her at a far place, if the need arises.

Can anybody kindly help her in this? We will be grateful to you for life.