Government of NCT Of Delhi offers financial assistance to the destitute, underprivileged sections of society. Old Age Assistance scheme is primarily for those senior citizens and old aged people who have no independent source of income to sustain themselves.
Eligibility Criteria & Recommendations required
The applicant shall be entitled for financial assistance if he/she is-
- Above 60 years of age without any adequate means of support
- A resident of the National Capital Territory of Delhi for at least 5 years preceding the date of submission of application
- His/her annual family income should not be more than Rs. 1,00,000/- p.a.(Rs. One Lakh per annum) from all sources, family meaning the wife/husband, disabled children, unmarried or divorced/separated daughters/sisters, parents who are solely dependent on the applicant
- Has a ‘singly-operated’ account in any Bank or Post Office for receiving the payment through electronic clearing system. This provision may be relaxed in the case of mentally challenged applicants or those who come under the purview of Legal Guardianship as per rules of National Trust.
- Is not in receipt of any pension/financial assistance from Central/State Govt./MCD/NDMC or any other source for this purpose.
- Applicant should have a Adhaar Number or else enrolled with UIDAI for issue of Adhaar.
Documents Required with the application
A. Proof of residence – any one of following documents which clearly shows atleast 5 years of residence in Delhi
- Ration Card
- Voter I-card
- Driving License
- Birth certificate issued by MCD/Registrar-Births & Deaths
- Death certificate issued by MCD/Registrar-Births & Deaths
- Insurance policy document
- Immunization card of any family member
- Medical records of treatment in Delhi
- Electricity Bill
- Water Bill
- Telephone Bill
- Gas connection receipt
- Bank passbook
- Caste certificate issued in Delhi
- Student I-card
- Service identity card of public/private sector company/ established concern
- Property document
- Any other document which clearly shows at least 5 years of residence in Delhi
B. Proof of age – Any one of the following documents: Birth certificate issued by MCD/Registrar of Births & Deaths or School leaving certificate of class last attended or Matriculation/10th certificate or Hospital discharge slip at the time of birth of the child or Driving license or Passport or PAN Card or Ration Card or Voter Card or Immunization card or Age assessment medical certificate or Any document issued by the Govt./ Govt. recognized body stating date and place of birth.
C. A self-declaration by the applicant regarding his/her family income as given in the form.
D. The form requires recommendation by a Gazetted Officer of Central/State Govt. or MP/MLA and the accompanying documents should be attested.
E. In case No Documentary Evidence is available with the applicant in respect of proof of residence, i) the applicant will need to produce statements of any of the two witnesses from the following list, stating the period of applicant’s length of stay in Delhi-1. Public representative such as MP of the area, MLA of the area, 2. President or General Secretary of RWA of the locality 3. Two neighbours of the applicant with their contact details 4. Registered women SHGs’/Mahila Mandal’s President or General Secretary 5. ICDS Supervisors/ ASHA workers of the area 6. Gazetted Officer of the Central/Delhi Govt.
ii) Along with the witness’s statement, the relevant document for the photo identity proof, residence and length of saty for the witnesses shall also have to be appended with the application, clearly showing that the witnesses themselves have been around in the same for all except Public representative such as MP/MLA of the area.
Quantum of Assistance & Mode of Payment
- Rs. 2,000/- p.m. remitted quarterly for beneficiaries aged between 60-69 years. Additional Rs. 500/-p.m. to SC/ST/Minority community Beneficiaries.
- Rs. 2,500/- p.m. remitted quarterly for all beneficiaries 70 years and above. The enhancement for such beneficiaries will be done in April of each financial year
- Old Age Assistance is remitted directly into the Bank account of beneficiaries through the ECS system of R.B.I.
- The District Social Welfare Officer is the competent authority for verification, sanction and payment of the assistance under the scheme.
- In the event of sanction of assistance, it shall be payable from the month succeeding the month of receipt of application complete in all respects.
Register and Submit your Application here.