Niramaya is a Health Insurance Scheme for the welfare of Persons with Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Mental Retardation and Multiple Disabilities.
In order to enable and empower persons with developmental disability to live as independently and as fully as possible, health services and their access to persons with developmental disabilities assume a very significant role.
In this context, the health insurance facility becomes important but presently such products are not easily available for persons with developmental disabilities. In such a situation, a health insurance scheme Niramaya is conceived with the following objectives.
- To provide affordable Health Insurance to persons with Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Mental Retardation & Multiple Disabilities.
- To encourage health services seeking behaviour among persons with developmental disability.
- To improve the general health condition & quality of life of persons with developmental disability
Scheme & its coveragehea
The scheme envisages to deliver comprehensive cover which will
- Have a single premium across age band
- Provide same coverage irrespective of the type of disability covered under the National Trust Act.
- Insurance cover up to Rs.1.0 lakh.
- All persons with developmental disabilities will be eligible and included and there will be no ‘selection’.
The scheme further envisages that there shall be
- No exclusion of Pre-existing condition
- Same cover as that for other persons
- Services ranging from regular Medical Check up to Hospitalization, Therapy to Corrective Surgery, Transportation.
- Conditions requiring repetitive medical intervention as an in-patient.
- Pre & Post hospitalization expenses, subject to limits.
- No pre-insurance medical tests.
- Cashless hospitalization in empanelled hospitals, reimbursement of claims in case of OPD services and treatment through non-empanelled hospitals.
Premium for enrolment
- Rs. 250/- for Below Poverty Level (BPL)
- Rs. 500/- for those NOT Below Poverty Line
- Rs. NIL for Person with Disabilities with Legal Guardian (not natural parents)
- Payment of Application Fee has to be done online
- Enrolment / Renewal Fee is for 1 year i.e., upto 31st March of each year. Which means every year Renewal has to be done online through the website of www.thenationaltrust.gov.in
Documents required along with Application
- Disability Certificate (Xerox copy)
- Photo (passport size)
- Residence Proof (Xerox copy)
- BPL Card – Below Poverty Line Card (if applicable)
- Income Certificate (Xerox copy) & Payment voucher
- Enrolment of Beneficiaries
- Legal Guardian Certificate issued from the Local Level Committee constituted under section 13 of The National Trust Act, 1999 (if applicable)
Any eligible person can apply for enrolment under the Scheme and submit the Application to the nearest organization registered with the National Trust or to any other agencies specially entrusted in this regard by the National Trust. On successful enrolment and approval, Health ID No. / card will be issued to each beneficiary.
There will be a nominal processing fee as determined from time to time which shall be payable to the National Trust.
Premium & other charges
The insurance company shall be selected and premium shall be decided through a transparent process. The premium amount shall be paid by the National Trust in advance to the selected Insurance Company.