- 80 million people are over the age of 60 in India
- 60% of them live in poverty
- 80% do not have adequate medical or financial support
- 12 million elderly people in India are blind
- 5,00,000 older people die of tuberculosis every year
- 33 million elderlies are living with diabetes !!
These shocking figures are as reported in this video.
As a small step towards extending relief, HelpAge India and Help the Aged (UK) together run Mobile Medicare Units to reach out to the disadvantaged and isolated aged people across India. Infact, Help the Aged is the only aid agency in UK that supports older people WORLDWIDE.
Take a look…