Grants (funds) for Old Age Homes in India (2008-09)

Government of India gives financial assistance (grants / funds) to NGOs who run Homes for the Elderly (Old Age Homes) in India. This grant-in-aid is to provide food, shelter, care, recreation facilities, etc. to the inmates of these Homes.

To become eligible for receiving grant-in-aid there should be a minimum of 25 destitute older persons in the Old Age Home. If the home is larger in size (say for 150 or 75 or 50 beneficiaries), the grant-in-aid for maintenance of such old age homes is sanctioned on a proportionate basis.

The break up of maximum funds provided by Government for operation and maintenance of such homes is 90% of the amount specified in the given table. The balance of 10% of the cost is to be borne by the NGO / Old Age Home itself.

Grants (Funds) to Old Age Homes in India

Eligibility criteria

1) The Non-governmental voluntary organization should be a registered body, under an appropriate Act so that it gets a corporate status and a legal personality and a group liability is established for its activities;

2) It should be registered either under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 or relevant State Societies Registration Act and has already been working for atleast two years; or a Public Trust registered under any law for the time being in force or a charitable company licensed under Section 525 of Companies Act, 1958.

3) It should have been registered for a minimum period of 2 years but in the case of the North Eastern region, J&K, desert areas and under serviced / under-represented areas, this condition of 2 years will not be applicable. In other deserving cases, the condition of 2 years may be relaxed with the approval of the Secretary (SJ&E) on case-to-case basis.

4) The Organization shall have a properly constituted managing body with its powers, duties and responsibilities clearly defined and laid down in a written Constitution. It shall have an appropriate administrative structure and a duly constituted managing/ executive committee.

5) The organization is initiated and governed by its own members on democratic principles.

6) The aims and objects of the organization and programmes in fulfillment of those aims and objects are specifically laid down.

7) The Organization shall not run for profit to any individual or a body of individuals. The Organization should possess proven credentials and capabilities to handle such projects.

Find More:

Funding Agencies in India for NGOs (Grants)
Old Age Homes in Delhi NCR
Helpage India Donations – help millions

Comments

1. Dr.R.Reeba Irin says:

I am Reeba Irin, Managing Trustee of Social Action and Rural Awareness (SARA) Trust, a registered NGO, working for the development of rural women, children and the disabled in Periyakulam Taluk of Theni District in Tamil Nadu, India from 2006, in Health and education aspects.

We would like to start an Old Age Home in our area as our area is pre dominently rural, agri based. The aged people are neglected and not cared properly.

Kindly send an application and guidelines to get funds for the same.

Yours sincerely,

Dr.r.Reeba Irin
    Managing Trustee
    SARA Trust
    Cumbum Roadm Thenkarai
    Periyakulam-625601, Theni district
    Tamil Nadu, India
    Cell:9865168078, 9865060058

2. M.Sakthivel says:

Dear Sir/Madam Greetings form M.Sakthivel MSW Sivakasi,Viruthunagar District.this is very need to start old age home for in my working area beacuse we seeing often most of the old age people getting more difficulties in the villages due to poverty.sowe need applicationformateand guidelines.Thanking
    With regards,
    M.Sakthivel

3. narasaiah sunkara says:

Dear Sir,
    Thiis is an NGO by name “Rural Employee’s Federation” at Vijaya Raghava Puram village which was established during 1997 want to provide shelter for the” old aged poor people”in my village .kindly guide me with suitable directions to set up an old age home at an early date .
    sunkaran

4. vikas sharma says:

Respected Sir please tell me how can I help the older age group of people

5. Dear Sir ,
    Greetings from Deepshikha trust,

I am looking at seting up an old age home. I want all information from your side.

Thanking You

With Regards
    Akhil Kumar Singh

9899858566

6. Hi
    We are going to open an old age Home in Pudukkottai Dt in Tamilnadu.Persons who want to contribute please make a call 9443208570

7. swapan Muhuri says:

Dear Mr, Syvrat Day

Govt. of India giving grant for NGO who running Old Age Home. If you are inteested pls. contact at 9239342973 , Swapan Muhuri

8. i m from balaghat mp i want to make old age home at our citi plz hlp him my phon no. is 09424371061 plz help us

9. Dayanand Suryawanshi says:

I want to established Oldege Home At. Latur Dist ,Maharashtra
    so please Give me details information according to it.

10. Arun Kumar Mehra says:

Arun Kumar Mehra
    D-1102,New Friends Colony,New Delhi-110065

I work for the people who have been driven away from their home by their own kith & kin, since 1975 i have been looking after the underpreveilaged at the sneh ashram under the banner JANAK SEWA SAMITI, at 1162 sec-19,Faridabad, i need dedicated & selfless associates to assist me in taking care of the aged at Old Age Home as Manav Seva Madhav Sewa. May God bless us & every one in this world.

Arun Mehra
    Mob: 9810479728-8010779728 E-Mail: arun_mehra63@yahoo.com

11. Kennedy.P. says:

We are having planned to establish Old Age Homes for Older People. We are having Land for Construction of Old Age Home. We need Support for Building Construction and maintanence.

12. i want to open a house for old people and want to know about the registration procedure for that,.

13. SHANTHI M R says:

Dear sir,
    Greetings from AHWT.

I am Shanthi, Managing Trustee of Angel Home of Womens’ Trust(AHWT), a registered social service organisation from 1995.

We are rendering service to the destitute seniors, rural HIV affected children, HIV infected people, rural poor women in Madurai District.

We are proposed to start a Old Age Home for the Destitute Seniors. Now we are helping them in many ways as Outreach programs. We are having a land of nearly one acre in Thenur village near Madurai in the banks of Vaigai river. We are constructing our office building there. Kindly help us to construct a Old age home and need your support for the maintenance.
    Thank u.

with regards,
    Shanthi M R.
    Managing Trustee,
    AHWT.
    Contat: 9443571379, 0452 2668757.

14. girija welfare association says:

hi,
    we are running a ngo for last 5 years, want to start old age home in new bombay.
    need help.
    navinkumar(trustee)

15. Krishnarao Gontla says:

Dear Sir,

I want to help old people at my native town at Gudivada by way of construting old age home. Pl. guide me the possibilities of financial assistance from various organisations. I am ready to contribute initial donation.

Krishnarao Gontla

16. bhakta bihari mishra says:

dear sir,nihida is a state level welfair organisation working at nimapara ,puri,orissa for aiming to provide proper guideance to oldaged at disaster prone rural areas of puri district.hence you are requested to please accept ours application at your level. yours faithfully, BHAKTA BIHARI MISHRA, SECRETARY,NIHIDA, MOB-09437138912

17. Gadidamu. Ananda Raju says:

Dear sir,

I want to help old people at my villages in Anantapur Distirct. Andhra pradesh. I have to start this one. please send all donations and help ful matters.

thanking you
    Gadidams. ananda raju

18. Dear Team,

I visited this site, coz i wanted open a old age home and will get proper guidence and all kinds of support to run this activity, there are so many people who wanted to run this activity.
    I am sure i will get the proper support from you all.
    Please do support.

19. R. chandran says:

Dear Sir ,
    Greetings from salem district people service society

Thanking You

With Regards
    R. chandran
    cell-9629330025
    9994310234

9899858566

20. Madhar Nala Thondu Niruvanam says:

Dear Sir,
    Warm greetings from MNTN.
    Madhar Nala Thondu Niruvanam is situated in Tamil Nadu ie.in Cuddalore is
    a voluntary organisation working for the upliftment of poor,especially the women, children,and the aged,providing economic empowerment ,education, vocational training and care &support to the senior citizens in the form of homes and medical facilities etc.We have started a old age home for the needy people.It operates in a rented shed.During raining seasons the condition is poor .So please provide some financial support to erect a building for the old age home.
    Thanking you Sir,
    Yours sincerely,
    P.Rajendran

21. M.Elumalai says:

Dear Sir.

Greetings from THE SPASTICS SOCIETY OF TIRUVANNAMALAI.

Iam looking at seting up an old age Home.I want know the all the information guidlin es from your side.

Yours sincerely
    (ELUMALAI)
    Secretary

22. Dr. BS Pandey says:

Dear Sir,

I am Dr. BS Pandey(44yrs). I am an ENT Surgeon by profession. I am interested in starting an exemplary and outstanding Old age home in Jaipur city for our neglected senior citizens. My father is a retired and learned Social welfare Officer with good experience and knowledge who can help me fulfilling this dream project. Seeing the condition of existing Govt. run OAH I have got this inspiration to give the society a gift of such Old age home which can take care of all the needs of them like Health, Entertainment and Spirituality on an honest and no profit basis where young generation don’t have to feel guilty or ashamed leaving their parents in this home so that they can contribute more effectively in building the nation’s future. I want to dedicate rest of my life in their service.

I request you to kindly guide me how to go about it and how our govt. can help me providing me adequate Land in Jaipur city and funds for the maintenance.

I assure you that I will take care of any kind of misuse by keeping all the important rights in my hand and justifying them at any point of time.

Dr BS Pandey.

23. Mr TUKARAM ZAGADE says:

gritings from tukaram zagade
    respected
    sir / madam,
    I am interested in starting an old age home in ghoti tal karamala dist solapur for our sr citizens.
    please send me format and guidelines.

tukaram zagade

24. Pramod Nag says:

Dear Sir/Madam,
    Please send me the details information to establish a Old Age Home for our Senior destitute aged persons of Orissa who are neglected,uncared,mistreated and desperately waiting for help.
    Pramod Nag
    Senapati Street
    Nabarangpur 764059
    Orissa state (India)

25. Amitabh Mishra says:

Dear sir/Madam,
    Please send me the detail information and guidelines to establish a Old Age Day Care Center for our aged persons in Ballia District of Uttar Pradesh.

Thanks
    Amitabh Mishra,
    Tikhampur, Ballia- 277 001

26. Madhavi Gupta says:

I want to establish an old age home in a very needy place but today I m not in position to do so but I want to help in some or the other way. please suggest.

27. John S.Kennedy says:

Sir, Christo Jyoti is a non profit making voluenter organization, registered under the society registration act 1860 Orissa, nowrangpur, would like to state that we would like to open an old Age home for the poor, destitute and rejected old persons of Nowrangpur District,orissa for which we seek help with regard to funds,advise and assistance. Could you please help us.
    Thanks
    John kennedy
    Christo jyoti

28. C.Jeevanandham says:

NAMCO is an organisation working for the welfare and rights of the senior citizen. I, The director of NAMCO do the NGO consultancy services. if any body needs my service in establishing an old age home, please let them contact me.

29. PRADEEP MISHRA says:

i want to open an old age home in kanpur city please send us the details or other norms which require to run such type of organisation

i have 18 year experiance of running a hospital

30. Nirupama pal. says:

Appeal to all the trustees and benevolent organisations in our country to extend financial assistance for setting up of an old age home in north eastern state TRIPURA. If anybody shows good gesture for extending help for the finance-crunch situation for the backward region then i shall be grateful to submit my offer for the same.

Nirupama pal.
    DRM Foundation.
    Agartala, Ramnagar-1.
    Tripura.

31. DEBENDRA PRUSTY says:

Dear Sir/Madam
    I want to Establish an Old Age Home in Bhuban Orissa. Please send me Your Term and
    condition.
    Debendra Prusty
    at/po-Bhuban
    Dist-Dhenkanal
    Pin-759017
    Orissa

32. pankaj kumar says:

sir, we are searching a funder for old age home. we are working in remote area of jharhand. our ngo have got 2 acres of land for old age home donated by noble people for noble endeavour.

33. RESPECTED SIR,
    THE SAADHANAI CHARITABLE TRUST WAS ESTABLISHED BY THE YEAR 2009, WITH AN AMBITION TO UP LIFT THE LIVING OF THE SOCIALY AND ECONOMICALY BACKWARD PEOPLES.AS A RESULT OF LOTS OF HARD WORK AND EFFORTS,WITH GODS GRACE WE HAVE ADDED ONE MORE GOLDEN LEAF TO OUR VICTORY(SAADHANAI OLDAGE HOME)A UNIT OF SAADHANAI CHARITABLE TRUST ON NON PAYABLE SYSTEM. THROUGH OUR OLDAGE HOME WE HAVE PLANED TO GIVE MUCH PRIORITY FOR SOCIALY AND ECONOMICALY BACKWARD OLDAGE PEOPLE AND MAKE THEIR LIVINGS SAFE AND HAPPY. SAADHANAI OLD AGE HOME IS SITUATED IN G-7, KUBERAPURI, NARASIPURAM ROAD, THONDAMUTHUR(POST) COIMBATORE(DIST) TAMILNADU(STATE)INDIA. PINCOD:641109. AND WE WARMLY WELCOME YOUR KIND SUPPORT ,VALUABLE ADVICES AND BLESSINGS FOR THE SMOOTH FUNCTIONING OF OUR OLD AGE HOME. CONTACT US . 0422-2666477, 2666497, 09952228737, 09566708877 YOURS FAITH FULLY,
    RANDHEER.B.KURUP
    SAADHANAI CHARITABLE TRUST
    306, D-3, sivanandhapuram, sathy main road
    saravanampatti(post),coimbatore(dist), tamilnadu
    pincode:641035

34. ravindra prasad singh says:

Dear sir,
    I.am from Patliputra Patna. I would be very greatfull if you will kindly provide me detail for opening an old age home at Patliputr, Patna,Bihar.

35. Narayan says:

Dear Sir,
    I am Narayan from Vijayawada, Andra Pradesh. Being into several business activities, i want to discharge my social responsbility through a oldage/ orphan age home with/ without govt. assistance. Do guide me kindly in this aspect , so as how to plan for accomidation, food, medical care and any othe aspects including their costings.

36. Arti Thakkar says:

Dear Sir,

I want to know the procedure, detail, guidline and other norms about to establish an old age home in Ahmedabad.

Arti Thakkar

37. chitra srivastava says:

sir
    i have a ngo 11 years old i have worked in different fields but now i want to establish an old age home so please guide and detailed me about it
    thanks

38. Prof B.Leela says:

Im in the process of setting up an old age home in kerala. Can someone help me with the registration process? People interested in associating may please contact me at profbleela@gmail.com.

39. we are working for oldage persons now we are runing oldage home but we dont have enough resourses
    kindly help us
    Prakash chandra
    SWECHHA
    E mail:_ Swechha_2004@yahoo.com

40. renu yadav says:

Dear sir

i am a social worker having worked in the field of womens ,child and development .
    i would like to associate my self organising establishment an old age home in sikar district in rajasthan but we dont have enough resources

thankhs & regards

RENU YADAV

41. Respected Sir,
    i want to start a new old age home in our village. so pleas, tell me the procedure.

42. Ajit kumar Nayak says:

Dear Respected Sir,
    Greetings from CROSS ,org. , Orissa.India .
    CROSS ,Is the charitable organization , wish to start a new old age home in Gajapati District ,Orissa . so please tell me the procedure .
    Thank you and humble hope to hear from you very soon .
    with much praye & regards .
    CROSS.org.
    Secretary ,

43. We are intenting to start an old age home in Palghat, Kerala State, God’s Own Country.

Please guide us with procedures to start one.

Also please help us with donaitons.

44. surendra rawat says:

sir;i am surendra rawat i want to establish a old age home in my village which is near lancedon uttrakhand we have land around 5 acrs in our village so we riquest you sir kindly give the guidelines for establish a old age home and to get grant from govt and pvt sponcers regard surendra

45. VBR Prasad says:

We (Our Family members) are interested in etablishng an old age home in and around Hyderabad. Can anyone suggest a proposal (feasibility report) to start the project. Either on own premises or on rented premises. Like basic needs like Infrastructure requirements and cost, minimum number of incumbents, minimum staff, Expenses on fixed and recurring needs, etc.,
    VBR Prasad, Hyderabad – Cell:919866611891

46. registered recently public trust in chennai to start old age homes. initially i will fund personally for land and part of building without donation. is there a way to get govt grants to run?

47. i gained lot of exposure and experinence of being a member in voluntary organisation for the 18 years. I want to support elder people under a registered society of my own organisation registered before three years. I dont have any resource to start now. is there any possibility for me to submit proposal

thanks for your time and consideration

sivagami

48. I am managing an oldage home for the past 15 years. Presently we have 75 elderly people with us. We are managing this entire home with personal donations which is gradually becoming very difficult. So, we are badly in need of some financial aid. We are registered NGO with the State government and FCRA. If you could kindly assist us how to organize funds we would be grateful.
    Thanking you ,
    with Regards
    Rajesh Dam.
    Srahdha Old Age Home
    Behala, Kolkata, West Bengal, India.

49. P. Nelson says:

I am very much interested and committed in starting an home for the Aged People in and around Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. I would like to invite a few interested persons to come forward to support financially or help to mobilize funds for this great cause and be a part of the program. Your valuable assistance be blessed and appreciated.
    Thanks
    With great regards,
    Rev. P. Neslon

50. Hi, I can see that lot of people are asking for fund and land for Old Age home. I am requesting to all organizations that whoever is proving fund or land for these people, please do a extensive enquiry for that person. Is that person is taking care of his own old parents or belongings? How is that person behavior for his surrounding old people?
    My opinion is that if we can take care of our old parents and surrounding people, then we have no need for Old Age Home. So we have to develop a society who can do survey and find out that who is not taking care of their own parents and why? And give some solution to them. This will make our society healthy. So please plan to do something in this direction rather than providing old age home.

51. sri vijayeswari old age home says:

Hello,
    we have an old age home called sri vijayeswari old age home in andhra pradesh kadapa dist. But recently, we have some fnancial problems to run it. Can anyone support us by donating some amout of money please?
    contact us sreevijayeswari@gmail.com
    Thank you.

52. JAGDEV SINGH KAUSHAL VPO UNA H.P. says:

Please guide me regarding the openning of old age home in distt Una Himachal Pradesh.

53. We have a trust namely avikrishna.org, approved by the Govt. Presently we are taking care of Educational needs (School fee, Uniform, Books etc) of around 30 Students. We propose to build an Old Age Home with in 100 KM of Delhi. We have already kept substancial amount for building the same from our own resources.
    Would like to know is there any Scheme under which we can get Land on subsidized rates from Govt.

54. GUHIRAM SAHU says:

Dear Sir

I want a start a oldage home in Bhubaneswar. Kindly guid me.

55. SHAMRAO says:

Dear Sir,

Presently i am running own consultancy in Bangalore, i have own land in my native place Yadgir district in Karnataka, i want to start a old age home for poor people what is the procedure. kindly guide me

Thanking Yo
    Regards,
    Shamrao

56. U.MEENA KUMARI says:

I MEENA KUMARI (Secretary) of Sri Siva Sai Rural And Uraban society pathikonda we are running a old age home with 30 members so we want apply grant for old age homes so please sent details

57. v. ANBALAGAN says:

GOOD people are always there in the world. They have to joint together to serve better.

58. RESPECTED SIR WE HAVE OWN LAND 3.99 YEKERS IN DIDIGUL CITY MAIN TAMIL NADU STATE.WE WANT BUILT OLD AGE HOME .PLEASE GIVE US GUIDE LINE

59. Rose Thomas says:

Dear Sir,
    Greeting of the season.
    My name is Rose Thomas….I want to start a old age home in kerala kottayam location….it will be a Privately run institution run by Ex-air force officers…… can you help me with the following details.
    What are the legal permission required.
    Whom to approach if we need appropriate subsidies.
    What are the programs/functions that will be housed in an old age home…
    What case studies can you suggest in case we want to go and have a look.
    What are the health routine programs that need to be thought of in case of emergency
    Awaiting you reply.
    Thanks and Regards
    Rose Thomas

60. my name is mukesh kumar tyagi. i want to work in the old age home i want to work in the sweet memory of my maa (died 20th may,2015). named old age home in coming future MAA because is the right word for care in old age.

61. Shaikh Gulnaz says:

Dear sir
    I want to start an old aga home so pl help me the necessary information & guideline

62. sir…
    I want to start an old age home in our area…plese help me the necessary information and guidelince….