Latest Update: A list of all Amendments since last 10 years
In June 2009, the Government of NCT of Delhi notified The Delhi Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Rules, 2009.
The Rules lay down:
- Procedure for constitution of Maintenance Tribunal
- Panel for appointment of Conciliation Officers
- Procedure for filing application for maintenance
- Procedure for notice to the opposite party
- Procedure in case of non-appearance by the opposite party
- Procedure in case of admission of claim
- Procedure for impleading children or relatives
- Procedure for conciliation
- Limit of maximum maintenance allowance
- Procedure for filing appeal with the Appellate Tribunal
- Scheme for management of old age homes for indigent senior citizens
- Norms for physical facilities and operational standards for old age homes.