Government of NCT Of Delhi offers financial assistance to the destitute, underprivileged sections of society. Old Age Assistance scheme is primarily for those senior citizens and old aged people who have no independent source of income to sustain themselves.
Eligibility Criteria & Recommendations required
The applicant shall be entitled for financial assistance if he/she is-
- Above 60 years of age without any adequate means of support
- A resident of the National Capital Territory of Delhi for at least 5 years preceding the date of submission of application
- His/her annual family income should not be more than Rs. 60,000/- p.a.(Rs.sixty thousand) from all sources, family meaning the wife/husband, disabled children, unmarried or divorced/separated daughters/sisters, parents who are solely dependent on the applicant
- Has a ‘singly-operated’ account in any Bank or Post Office for receiving the payment through electronic clearing system. This provision may be relaxed in the case of mentally challenged applicants or those who come under the purview of Legal Guardianship as per rules of National Trust.
- Is not in receipt of any pension/financial assistance from Central/State Govt./MCD/NDMC or any other source for this purpose.
Documents Required with the application
A. Proof of residence,- any one of the documents listed below (which clearly show at least 5 years of residence in Delhi)
1. Ration Card 2. Voter I-card 3. Passport 4. Driving License 5. Birth certificate issued by MCD/Registrar-Births & Deaths 6. Death certificate issued by MCD/Registrar-Births & Deaths 7. Insurance policy document 8. Immunization card of any family member 9. Medical records of treatment in Delhi 10. Electricity Bill 11. Water Bill 12. Telephone Bill 13. Gas connection receipt 14. Bank passbook 15. Caste certificate issued in Delhi 16. Student I-card 17. Service identity card of public/private sector company/ established concern 18. Property document 19. Any other document which clearly shows at least 5 years of residence in Delhi
B. Proof of age- any one of the documents listed below 1. Birth certificate issued by MCD/Registrar of Births & Deaths 2. School leaving certificate of class last attended 3. Matriculation/10th certificate 4. Hospital discharge slip at the time of birth of the child 5. Driving license 6. Passport 7. PAN Card 8. Ration Card 9. Voter Card 10. Immunization card 11. Age assessment medical certificate 12. Any document issued by the Govt./ Govt. recognized body stating date and place of birth
C. A self-declaration by the applicant regarding his/her family income as given in the form.
D. The form also needs to be recommended by a Gazetted Officer of Central/State Govt. or MP/MLA and the accompanying documents should also be attested.
E. In case “No Documentary Evidence” is available with the applicant in r/o proof of residence, i) the applicant will need to produce statements of any of the two witnesses from the following list, stating the period of applicant’s length of stay in Delhi-1. Public representative such as MP of the area, MLA of the area, 2. President or General Secretary of RWA of the locality 3. Two neighbours of the applicant with their contact details 4. Registered women SHGs’/Mahila Mandal’s President or General Secretary 5. ICDS Supervisors/ ASHA workers of the area 6. Gazetted Officer of the Central/Delhi Govt.
ii) Along with the witness’s statement, the relevant document for the photo identity proof, residence and length of saty for the witnesses shall also have to be appended with the application, clearly showing that the witnesses themselves have been around in the same for all except Public representative such as MP/MLA of the area.
It will be obligatory for the beneficiary to inform of any change in address and/or bank details like change in bank, a/c no. etc.
Quantum of Assistance & Mode of Payment
- Rs. 1,000/- p.m. remitted quarterly for beneficiaries aged between 60-69 years
- Rs. 1,500/- p.m. remitted quarterly for all beneficiaries 70 years and above. The enhancement for such beneficiaries will be done in April of each financial year
- Old Age Assistance is remitted directly into the Bank account of beneficiaries through the ECS system of R.B.I.
- The Concerned District Social Welfare Officer is the competent authority for verification, sanction and payment of the assistance under the scheme.
- In the event of sanction of assistance, it shall be payable from the month succeeding the month of receipt of application complete in all respects.
Application Form: Download, read instructions, fill and submit to address mentioned on downloaded application form.
› Social Security Schemes in India
› Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Scheme
› Benefits, Concessions and Schemes for Senior Citizens in India
› The Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Act, 2007
› Maintenance Tribunals for Parents and Senior Citizens in Delhi
› Old Age Homes in India